For a variety of reasons, you may want to reduce the number of IBM Content Manager OnDemand Cache Filesystems in your IBM CMOD server. We have custom software to perform this task with minimal human intervention. Here are some of our cache consolidation tool’s features:
- Requires zero downtime, and no restart is needed. Users won’t know anything is happening.
- Moves files safely – moves data between caches and performs a variety of tests to ensure the consolidation worked perfectly.
- Interruptible – You can interrupt the process at any time, and the OnDemand Cache Filesystem will be left in a consistent state.
- Restartable – When you restart the IBM CMOD Cache Consolidation, it will resume from where it left off, without delay.
- Balances the cache filesystems – our utility will balance the remaining cache filesystems, ensuring that your cache filesystems share the load equally.
One of our customers, a New York area bank, through a bad design decision and a legal challenge, were prevented from deleting data through a judicial order. The cost for cache storage quickly exceeded $500,000 USD each year. After the case was completed, caches needed to be consolidated to minimize their costs. We reduced their cache storage costs to below $100k/year, and improved performance.
Another customer, a Toronto-based financial services company, successfully completed a Cache Optimization project, discovered that they were caching a huge volume of data that users were not accessing. The Application Group configuration was changed to move data directly to less-expensive secondary storage, and the cache data was expired, leaving each of the caches at 30% capacity, with 15TB of unused storage capacity. Their cache consolidation project reduced their storage costs by more than 50%, and retrieval performance improved.
If you’re interested in how we can help you reach your goals, just call +1-833-533-7742.