The first step of any major IBM Content Manager OnDemand project is to audit your existing system — to know how much data already exists, how it’s stored, and if there are any configuration issues, or data loss. We can help. Using our proprietary CMOD Reporting tool, we’ll assist by quantifying end user usage — quickly and easily identifying idle users, unused reports, and provide concrete numbers to assist with the sizing of your new server hardware for maximum return on investment. With 25 years experience performing IBM CMOD Professional Services, we’ll check your system for over 100 CMOD configuration errors and design issues that we’ve seen and repaired at other customer sites. Customers find our reports enlightening, and our insights invaluable.
What insights does an IBM CMOD Audit provide?
- License utilization – peak utilization and time-of-use.
- Identifies the most and least used Application Groups – and determines how long each CMOD AppGroup needs to be cached.
- Provides a ‘retrieval profile’ showing the age of documents most frequently accessed
- Optimizes the cache filesystem – storing more of the documents your users want, and fewer of the ones they don’t.
- Gives a detailed overview of the number and size of documents loaded on a daily basis.
- Quantifies end-user activity – search performance, long running queries, and retrieval speeds.
- Clearly shows storage utilization in Tivoli Storage Manager.
- Clearly shows periods of high and low activity to assist in scheduling downtime, or CPU-intensive work like loads or maintenance.
- Provides a clear roadmap to repairing critical issues quickly, and a timeline of when less urgent issues should be addressed.
To find out more, just call toll-free: +1-833-533-7742